NEW POSITION - CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR
Closing date: 15 July 2016
The Australian Republican Movement (ARM) is building a winning campaign team to achieve Australia’s overdue, final step to national independence: replacing the British monarch with an Australian citizen as the Australian head of state.
We need a proven leader to harness the power of our strong (and ever-growing) membership and supporter base to get the job done – a campaign director.
What you'll do
- Take up a full-time, senior campaigning role in one of Australia’s most high-profile public campaigns, and help lead an experienced, passionate and growing team. You’ll report to our National Director and Executive
- Design and manage a community organising strategy, using best-practice digital and face-to- face campaign methods to turn supporters into members, members into volunteers, and volunteers into an unstoppable, referendum-winning movement. By 2020.
- Make Australian history.
The skills and experience we need
- You are a seasoned campaign professional with 3+ years experience in community organising and running modern public campaigns. You’ve run and won. You’re at the top of your game.
- You are a proven leader with a track record in managing and motivating hard-working teams of staff and volunteers to plan and deliver strategic campaign milestones. You’re self-motivated and hands-on.
- You are a community organiser. NationBuilder is second nature. You know how to harness the power of cross-platform digital campaign tools to build support, and organise others to do the same.
Some other things we’d like
You’ll have an edge if you have experience campaigning in regional Australia, tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (journalism, marketing, political science), and familiarity with data science, related software, and its application to political campaigns.
Your salary and conditions
This is a full-time role, on an initial one-year contract with the possibility of extension on proven performance. Your competitive salary will range from $80-100,000 (plus super) depending on your experience. Flexible working conditions are available.
Email your CV and a one-page statement on why you’re our new campaign director to email@example.com by COB 15 July 2016